[syslinux] Re: mboot.c32, weird e820 map on HP blade machine, possible memory corruption

Tim Deegan Tim.Deegan at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 05:30:09 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 01:23:20PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> One thing I think in particular might be important is to set eflags,
> which mboot.c currently doesn't do.  eflags set to a random value is
> usually bad news.

Good point.  I'm surprised that didn't cause trouble before now.
So the (hopefully) final patch for the new version is at

I've included Ram's section-header code and the memset(0) calls.  I'm
leaving out the code to print numbers for progress since that kind of
thing can be annoying on slow/broken consoles and in log files.

Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory