[syslinux] remote boot bartpe

Ardill, Robert (DTEI) robert.ardill at saugov.sa.gov.au
Sun Mar 19 17:31:15 PST 2006

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=9685&hl=

Original thread on th topic with the most info.

If you want to boot multiple images, you either need to use the RIS boot
wizard or you can patch the startrom.com and ntldr to point to different
locations.

If you want to boot multiple winpe image from a CD then there's other
bootloaders that can do this. Have a look at superWinPE.

In short to get multiple winpe images loaded over PXE
1. In startrom.com, the last string that points to "ntldr" can be
changed to 1\ldr. Then move /rename 1\startrom.bs 2. In 1\ldr (ntldr
renamed and moved to the "1" dir), look for the string "winnt.sif" and
replace every instance with 1\win.sif.
3. Move/rename winnt.sif to 1\win.sif and modify the path to the ISO or
SDI so it points to the "1" subdirectory 4. Set pxelinux.0 to load the
boot sector

For each extra PE RAM image, substitute the "1" with another number. Ie.
2\ldr,2\win.sif etc.

So you boot structure should look something like this.

\tftpboot
    -pxelinux.0
    -ntdetect.com
    \pxelinux.cfg