[syslinux] Re: Your message to SYSLINUX awaits moderator approval

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:44:41 PST 2006

On 3/23/06, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, syslinux-bounces at zytor.com wrote:
>
> > Your mail to 'SYSLINUX' with the subject
> >
> >     Re: [syslinux] Syslinux keyboard mappings
> >
> > Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> >
> > The reason it is being held:
> >
> >     Message has a suspicious header
> >
> > Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> > notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> > this posting, please visit the following URL:
> >
> >     http://www.zytor.com/mailman/confirm/syslinux/4314204ef38abefd21499a509d36714e4dde4cd4
>
> This is the second mail today that needs moderator approval. The weird
> thing is that he accepted my initial mail, but not the reply (and
> conclusion) to myself ?
>
> Kind regards,
> --   dag wieers,  dag at wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]

I was experiencing this a lot recently.  I asked Mr Anvin himself and
he said that the particular culprit with my e-mails at least was that
they were in HTML format (with Opera 9b gmail suddenly allows me to
choose rich formatting, which forces HTML mode.)  By switching to
plain text again I found that none of my e-mails had to await approval
anymore.

Of course, "awaiting moderate approval due to suspicious header" can
still very well mean there is something that APPEARS as if it were
spam or some other such thing, so do ensure there's nothing suspicious
if the problem persists.