[syslinux] tftpd: read(ack): Connection refused

Kosolapov Dmitry dk at farpost.com
Mon Mar 27 13:03:31 PST 2006

I configure the system of remote boot. Almost all was done. But one
simple problem. tftp doesn't download pxelinux.0 from boot-server,
in.tftpd is running at.
Problem isn't in pxelinux.0, but in protocol itself. I've created test
file "test" in /tftpboot and tried to download it but "Timeout occured".
 From /var/log/messages:
Mar 27 16:32:27 dk in.tftpd[26576]: RRQ from filename test
Mar 27 16:32:27 dk in.tftpd[26576]: tftpd: read(ack): Connection refused

OS - Fedora Core 4, server in.tftpd (tftpd-hpa 0.40) runs over xinetd in
verbose mode. /tftpboot has 777 writes. SELinux is turned off.
At the server (at localhost and I can download files from
/tftpboot, but from remote host not.
I've edited /etc/hosts.allow(deny), runned tftpd as daemon, from nobody,
etc. Nothing changed.
Some extra information:
1. TFTP-client has IP and gateway
2. TFTP-server has IP and gateway