[syslinux] PXE Linux (Simple Menu) freeze after pressing 23 times return

fjlang at gmx.de fjlang at gmx.de
Wed Mar 29 23:04:30 PST 2006

Yes it sounds silly, but its true.

I made a menu with some submenu with the simple menu system.
After pressing 23 times return to get into the submenu or back to the
mainmenu it freeze.
I think this is a bug of syslinux. I tried it on 3 different PC/Servers
always the same effect.

Here is my default and one of my submenu files:

default:

#Projekt PXE-Boot von Franz Lang  www.franz-lang.com

DEFAULT menu.c32
PROMPT 0
IMPLICIT 1
ALLOWOPTIONS 0

MENU TITLE Auswahlmenue

LABEL dos
MENU LABEL ^1: DOS Booten
Menu DEFAULT
KERNEL memdiskg
append initrd=images/sonstiges/dos622.img

LABEL gdisk
MENU Label ^2: Gdisk starten
kernel memdiskg
append initrd=images/sonstiges/gdisk.img

LABEL bootmenue
MENU LABEL ^3: Bootmenue v3.3
KERNEL memdiskg
append initrd=images/sonstiges/bootmenue.img

LABEL biosmenue
MENU Label ^4: BIOS Updates
KERNEL menu.c32
append biosmenue.conf

LABEL raidmenu
MENU Label ^5: Raid Controller Firmwareupdate
kernel menu.c32
append raidmenue.conf

LABEL hdboot
MENU Label ^y: Von Festplatte booten