[syslinux] mboot hangs at MPI

Tim Deegan Tim.Deegan at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 24 02:04:54 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 10 May 2006 23:46:41 -0600, "Lin Salisbury" wrote:
> Where initrd.img is my own custom initrd that I've built to do some
> pre-setup before booting to the real root on sda1.  The problem is that
> everytime I try and boot I get to this line and it just hangs:
>
> Booting: MBI=0x00010120, entry=0x00100000
>
> I found references to this problem in the archives
> (http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2006-March/006654.html )
> and made sure that the memset of the regs_in was happening, and that is
> being done in 3.20-pre8 (hence the reason I'm even using it).  I found some
> references to using particular versions of gcc, I'm currently using
> 3.4.4could this be a potential issue?

Of course, having said this isn't likely to be a compiler issue, I've
now found a bug that shows up with some compilers and not others, and
causes mboot.c32 to hang in exactly this way.  I've sent a patch to the
list in a separate email.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group