[syslinux] EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock (software RAID1)

Pierre Neyron pierre.neyron at imag.fr
Wed Oct 25 00:28:34 PDT 2006

Hello,

I fear syslinux list is not the one you should post to for grub/raid1
problems...

However, short answer:
to boot a soft raid1 system with grub, you must have:
* /boot readable by grub, ie not in a LVM (typically, /boot is raid1 md0
ext3 while / /var /usr aso, are raid1 md1 in a LVM volume group).
* initrd built to support raid1 root. <- I guess yours is not (try
mkinitrd...).

You probably should look at grub project docs and for sure redhat docs.

Regards,
Pierre