[syslinux] Error from boot .img can not run from protected enviornment

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Tue Apr 10 14:20:32 PDT 2007

Bryan Pershall wrote:
> Windows server 2003 Standerd
> PXE version I do not know how to get that, can you tell me ?
> attached are the config file and message file
> can I attach the img file its 2.8 megs
>
> Thank You
> BP Computer Consultants
> Bryan Pershall (MCSE, Dell Certified)
> IT Consultant ------
> Office: 281-469-6456
> Cell: 281-732-7225

I really hate to sound rude, but you still are not 'helping us help you'.

Which config specifically is broken? Or is it all of them?

What OS are you booting to for the image? MS-DOS? FreeDOS? Other?

You mentioned it worked on floppy, but it is a 2.8 mb image, I assume
you used a 1.44mb floppy and you converted the resulting image to 2.88?
If this is true please describe what you did to convert the image.

Can you get a screen capture of the exact output of the error message,
and anything leading up to it? You may just need to type it all.

Please attempt to fill in any other information that you feel may be
useful, the more information we have to work with, the easier it will be
to try and help you.

-Andrew

-- copied from private email.