[syslinux] A hardware tool for Syslinux

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Mon Aug 13 08:28:24 PDT 2007

I started a COM32 module for displaying the hardware ressources we can
detect in syslinux.

I'm using the PCI COM32 module to detect the PCI devices, the CPUID
COM32 module for the processor, and  the DMI COM32 module to find the
other information (motherboard, system, cpu,..).

About the PCI devices, I'm using the "pci.ids" file from the pciutils
package to display the vendor and product name.
Then I thought that displaying the Linux kernel modules associated to
the PCI devices could be usefull. I'm using the "modules.pcimap" file
from the Linux kernel to display them.

If some of you wants to try it :
http://konilope.linuxeries.org/tmp/hardware.c32

Then add both "pci.ids" and "modules.pcimap" in the root directory of
your tftp server.

I really like having some reports and ideas.
Erwan,