[syslinux] pxelinux / memdisk / afud408 freeze.

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Sat Aug 25 04:24:03 PDT 2007

Andrew Stuart schreef:
>>> Has anyone had a problem with afud408 (Award flash program) freezing the
>>> system when ran from memdisk?
>>> The freeze occurs when just running afud408 (not attempting to update
>>> bios, although it freezes then as well.)

Ever tried Uniflash program instead of the vendor/motherboard dependent
flash program?
Maybe it's also DOS flavour specific, you might want to try for example
MSDOS 6.22 or DRdos or FreeDOS,
rather than depending on a Win95/98/ME/XP bootdisk.

I assume you have an empty config.sys on it and very maybe an
autoexec.bat with "@echo off" and "afud408 /options" ?

Bernd