[syslinux] vesamenu causing screen lock-up

Teun syslinux at teund.dds.nl
Mon Jan 29 00:14:21 PST 2007

Quoting Ram Yalamanchili <ramyinc at gmail.com>:

> They are different in the sense one is capable of hosting multiple headless
> VMs (Server), while the other isn't. But, the monitor code is the same. So
> are the BIOS and vmware-tools packages.
>
> Teun, can you post the menu config you are using to test?

Actually, the problem seems to have been magically solved.
Friday i reinstalled the box running the boot server.
That, in my case, also meant recompiling and installing pxelinux.

And now, all of a sudden, it just works.
I really do not understand why though.
All version should still be at the same level.

So, i guess there is not much reason to post my config now that it's working.
I don't think it contains anything out of the ordinary anyway.

Actually, since it now appears to be working quite well, i'm wondering
if it's related to the VMWare video BIOS. Or maybe i just has some
sort of weird quirk during my first builds.

Cheers,
Teun