[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.35 released

Tomas M tomas at slax.org
Mon Jan 29 10:56:06 PST 2007

> The reason is that the installer would have to be able to do a
> VFAT-to-MSDOS transformation on the entire path in order to ...

Would it work if the path doesn't need to be transformed?
I don't understand this much, so maybe I'm wrong. But I believe the path
will be the same after transformation when using only 8-character file
names, right?

Maybe I would suggest that syslinux would just try the directory name
untransformed, and if it works, then it's OK.

If it doesn't work for some reason then default behaviour is expected
(/boot/syslinux - /syslinux - /)

Just a suggestion.
Thank you for consideration.

Tomas