[syslinux] IP details in COM32 module

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Fri Jun 8 17:45:00 PDT 2007

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) wrote:

> Somewhat related, I've noticed that __com32.cs_bounce has a 32 character
> limit.  I'm needing to stuff 'junk' (far more than 32 chars) into this
> variable.

How did you "notice" that?  I have no idea where you got that concept from.

After appending all the ip info I want to be passed to anaconda into __com32.cs_bounce, then printing __com32.cs_bounce only the first 32 chars are shown.  Also looking in ./com32/include/com32.h in "extern struct com32_sys_args" I saw "uint32_t cs_bounce_size" so I figured 32 chars, from your responce I gather I'm way off base.

I very confused as to why this string gets truncated at the 32 char mark...

CC

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.