[syslinux] gpxelinux 3.70pre7 - keeppxe problem

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Apr 2 11:53:11 PDT 2008

Collins, Jeremy wrote:
> First let me say I'm really excited about the possibility of dynamic
> menu creation over http using php. When this is stable it will make
> maintinging some of our pxelinux infrastructure much easier. Id like to
> thank all involved; I'm really looking forward to the gpxe intigration.
>
> After hpa's announment for 3.70pre7 I begain testing. I dropped the new
> gpxelinux.0 and new c32 modules into my existing infrastructure. Except
> the g/pxelinux.0 and .c32 files everything else is the same as I use in
> production with syslinux 3.51. The HTTP fetching seems to work in my
> testing so far. I've got menus being dynamically generated from a PHP
> script.

Please make sure you get 3.70-pre8.  3.70-pre7 has a data corruption bug
with dynamic content (inherited from the gPXE code base.)

> I did find that my dos boot disks using keeppxe and the 3com undi driver
> no longer work and give the errors 'Set Packet Filter failed' and
> 'Error: 255 Unable to Bind'. I'm not sure if keeppxe problem I'm
> observing is related to the chainloading other NBPs from gpxelinux.0
> problem which isn't working yet according to the announcment or if it's
> a separate issue. If it is a separate issue and you would like something
> from my test system let me know and I'll try to get it to you. Thanks
> again for all the hard work.

It's possible, although I can't say for sure.  It's definitely
*related*, but it "should" work anyway.  Famous last words and all that.
   Cleaning up the chainloading issue should definitely fix this issue too.