[syslinux] PXELINUX

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Apr 16 08:56:34 PDT 2008

Евгений Федоров wrote:
> Hello! From the syslinux I use the loader pxelinux for loading on a network.
> The given loader does not work if to be loaded on network cards Realtek
> RTL8111B built in motherboard ASUS P5B-VM. To be loaded tasted on the latest
> loader of version 3.62 and 3.70-pre8. The graphic menu is loaded, but at
> what choice or item there is a full stop of a computer. Correct please a
> problem. PLEASE!!!

Please give as much details as possible about the BIOS and the PXE
stack, as well as the rest of the system, *in particular* if you're
using a USB or PS/2 keyboard.

Also:

- If you hold down the Shift key, do you get a boot: prompt, and can you
boot from the command line?

- If there is a timeout configured, does the timeout work (i.e. is it
just that you can't select via the keyboard)?

The Realtek PXE stacks are usually good, so this is a bit of a surprise.