[syslinux] which should I use: TIMEOUT, ONTIMEOUT, or ONERROR ?

Anthony.Golia at morganstanley.com Anthony.Golia at morganstanley.com
Tue Apr 22 11:39:42 PDT 2008

on second thought, I don't think any of these options will help that case
since, I think, the problem is that the pxelinux binary gets to the
booting client but the config doesn't.  I guess it's cause the retries and
timeouts of the PXE firmware in the NIC/BIOS are more forgiving than that
(PKT_RETRY and PKT_TIMEOUT) of pxelinux?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Anthony.Golia at MorganStanley.com wrote:

> Hi.  I'm trying to get around the problem of an overloaded tftp server
> causing a pxelinux client hanging at the boot: prompt, waiting for input (no
> one will input anything to it).  The server is OK enough to give the
> pxebootloader but not the config file, as in this thread:
>
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2004-June/003662.html
>
> So, in that case, I guess setting TIMEOUT to some reasonable positive value
> would help.  But, assuming it never got a config file, how would i get the
> box to automatically reboot or localboot?
>

> -------
> Cheers,
> Anthony

-------