[syslinux] Recursive pxelinux.0 and pxelinux.cfg directories.

Vance Turner Vance.Turner at datadomain.com
Mon Aug 18 19:11:43 PDT 2008

I am trying to set a uniform PXE environment to load multiple distros.

RHEL 5.1 and 4.7

SUSE 10.2 and 11

Solaris 10 X86

Window Multiple server versions.... - Why? Because I am in hell.

What I want is to have an upper level pxelinux.0 call the default menu directories that come with the releases.

Is there a way to call pxelinux.0 and point it at a different pxelinux.cfg directory?

Currently I can have pxelinux.0 call another pxelinux.0, but the second pxelinux.0 defaults to the default tftpserver root for pxelinux.cfg

Below is what I am shooting for

Maybe something like

kernel  RHEL-Install/pxelinux.0 -cfg_dir RHEL-Install/pxelinux.cfg

/tftpboot/pxelinux.0

/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default

/tftpboot/menu.msg-------------------à /tftpboot/RHEL-Install/pxelinux.0

--------------------------------------------à /tftpboot/RHEL-Install/pxelinux.cfg/default