[syslinux] Recursive pxelinux.0 and pxelinux.cfg directories.

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Aug 19 12:14:17 PDT 2008

Vance Turner wrote:
> How does pxelinux.0 know of its conf directory? Is this hard linked in
> the code? ( Probably ) Can we give it a hint by recalling it?
>
> What about the usefulness of vesamenu.c32 or menu.c32

The config directory is determined by DHCP option 210 if one is present,
otherwise by the filename used to fetch pxelinux.0 itself.

Now, there is a catch here -- this is the filename as provided by the
DHCP stack.  At this point, chainloading a new pxelinux.0 doesn't change
this; this may be possible to change although it is dependent on the PXE
stack.