[syslinux] pxelinux fails to load miniroot completly

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 22 09:01:09 PST 2008

detlef oertel wrote:

> Hello hpa,
>
> because git-bisec is unknown to me I tried the Versions from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Old/
>
> the results are:
>
> 2.04 runs
> 2.06 runs
> 2.08 runs
> 2.09 Error: failed to initialize udp-stack
> 2.13 Error: failed to initialize udp-stack
> 3.00 crash after start loading miniroot.gz (like 3.11 or 3.61)
>
> Anything else I can do ?

Sure, if you could try to narrow it down to a specific prerelease; see
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/Obsolete/

It looks like you have two failures above; I'm interested in the latter
(the one that doesn't go away, and that you said happens on isolinux as
well.)

The smaller a range we can bracket it down to, the more likely it is to
be solvable.