[syslinux] syslinux does not interpret backslash

Casual Programmer casualprogrammer at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 07:56:29 PST 2008

Thanks for the fast reply,

>For me is a backslash  the \ character.
>Backslash is in the subject line, but nowhere in the
message body.

Alas I got confused here, please read "backslash" as
"slash"

http://syslinux.zytor.com/faq.php

>| Since version 3.32 label names are no longer
mangled into DOS format
>| (for SYSLINUX.)
>
>Could a syslinux from before 3.32 used?

Good point, I will check that.

>> The stick is 1GB ha one partition set by parted
(msdos) and formatted
>> with mkfs.vfat,

>So only less then 5% of the capacity of the stick is
used.
>I would go for EXTLINUX and use to full gigabyte.

Actually not, with FAT32 the full capacity is
available.

Casual

Unsubscribe or set options at:
Please do not send private replies to mailing list
traffic.