[syslinux] [Fwd: Re: extlinux reports "./extlinux: path /media/disk doesn't match device /dev/sda4"]

Casual Programmer casualprogrammer at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 00:23:30 PST 2008

How often is this the case ?

> If extlinux is the system bootloader, then often
what you call the
> system partition will be the one that should have
extlinux installed on it.

I think in most cases people try to make _some_other_
disk bootable. If I boot with extlinux as the
bootloader
why should I want to install it again ? Apart from
that it would then require -u not -i.

Casual

On Sa, 2008-01-26 at 19:06 -0800, H. Peter Anvin
wrote:
> Casual Programmer wrote:
> >
> > The idea is, that the root directory "/" will
always
> > be on the system disk, so I just added a pass to
find
> > the "devname" belonging to "/" then
> > proceeding as normal. If the devnames for "/" and
the