[syslinux] gen-id.sh and git

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Jul 8 09:23:32 PDT 2008

Op 08-07-2008 om 16:09 schreef Sebastian Herbszt:
> There is a difference in the output of "git diff-index --name-only HEAD"
> before and after the "git diff" command. Can someone please explain me
> what i am doing wrong here? I am using git version 1.5.5.4.

I think/assume/gues it is git doing smart things with information from
the filesystem ( inode numbers and such )

The first `git diff-index` sees differences between filesystem info and
info in the .git directory.

`git diff` updates the information in .git/

The second `git diff-index` wouldn't see any difference between actual
fs info and info in .git/

Cheers
Geert Stappers