[syslinux] SERIAL

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Tue Jul 8 23:23:17 PDT 2008

On 8 Jul 2008 at 22:36, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 08 Jul 2008 22:36:23 -0400
From:           	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
To:             	For discussion of SYSLINUX and tftp-hpa
<syslinux at zytor.com>
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] SERIAL
Send reply to:  	For discussion of SYSLINUX and tftp-hpa
<syslinux at zytor.com>
	<mailto:syslinux-
request at zytor.com?subject=unsubscribe>
	<mailto:syslinux-
request at zytor.com?subject=subscribe>

> Chris Williams wrote:
> > I'm trying to get console redirection on two machines that I have and right
> > now I am only able to get them to work separately. The first machine will
> > allow console redirection with isolinux by putting SERIAL 0 9600 as the
> > first line in the isolinux.cfg file and the second machine will only work
> > with SERIAL 1 9600 as the first line in the isolinux.cfg file. Is there a
> > way that I can have both of these lines in the isolinux.cfg file so that I
> > only need one disk and be able to have console redirection on each computer?
> > I've tried setting it up like this:
> >
> > SERIAL 0 9600
> > SERIAL 1 9600
> >
> > as the first two lines but it still does not work. Any help would be
> > appreciated.
> >

> No, sorry; Syslinux only supports one serial port at the moment.

Just wondering if there would be some way to use the timeout option to have
it change to another config file. That way it would boot and use serial 0 for
the until the first timeout is reached, and then reset to use serial 1 for the
second timeout, and then maybe switch back.

> 	-hpa

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 5,911,348.7549 | EINSTEIN 1,802,388.6269 | ROSETTA
554,380.6287