[syslinux] Three questions/feature requests

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Thu Jul 17 02:36:38 PDT 2008

Joel Ebel wrote:
-snip-
> 1.  Is it possible to create label aliases, such that one label will
> simply use the configuration of another, without having to completely
> copy the configuration.  It would also be great if these aliases could
> cross INCLUDE boundaries, such that a label can call a label defined in
> an included file
-snip-

I had requested a similar feature a while back but I only wanted the
alias to work within the current config file.
I just had a quick peek and can't find the thread, though tbh I didn't
look to hard, and I can't remember the outcome of the request.

I was looking something like:
------------------
# Return to Main Menu
LABEL MainMenu
        MENU DEFAULT
        MENU LABEL ^Main Menu
        KERNEL vesamenu.c32

#
# Latest Release
#
LABEL latest
        MENU LABEL ^Latest Release
        GOTO linux-38
#
# Blank boots
#
LABEL linux-38
        MENU LABEL ^Blank Boot 3.8
        KERNEL knl/vmlinuz-rhes38-x86
        APPEND initrd=img/initrd-rhes38-x86.img

LABEL linux-30
        MENU LABEL Blank Boot 3.0
        KERNEL knl/vmlinuz-rhes3-x86
        APPEND initrd=img/initrd-rhes3-x86.img

Ryan McLean

Accelrys Limited (http://www.accelrys.com)
Registered office: 334 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WN, UK
Registered in England: 2326316