[syslinux] Booting Windows

Murali (முரளி கணபதி) murali at google.com
Mon Mar 3 17:49:00 PST 2008

If I understood your question, you are currently doing a "kernel
windows.bst". Instead you could do "chain.c32 hd0 1" to chainload the
bootsector found in /dev/hda1, by passing the MBR completely.

- Murali

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Jacob Alifrangis
<jalifrangis at authenticlick.net> wrote:
> When booting windows I currently have to use an extracted boot sector to
>  chain-load the OS, is there any merit to creating a method to execute NTLDR
>  directly using a /reverse engineered/ version of the boot sector?

Murali

கற்றது கை மண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு
(What we know is only a handful, what we dont is the rest of the world)