[syslinux] Adding memdisk or similar when booting linux

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Mar 13 18:55:22 PDT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Kjetil.Mikkelborg at kongsberg.com wrote:

> Thanx guys for the help on understanding howto read dmi info!
> I now have a custom boot menu for install of different linux versions
> based if they have been installed before (reinstall is ok for users,
> first install is not), and installquirks like if we detect odd hardware,
> we add install options to redhat installer so it can install anyhow (for
> instance hp dc7800 who needs pci=nommconf as kernel append for booting).

Kjetil,

You would do me a very big favor in showing me how you do this (or even
beter, writing up a document for the wiki how you achieved this).

I am very interested to implement the same and I am confident that this is
something Red Hat should be doing as well (or if not, I would like to see
within the CentOS project what is possible)

Thanks in advance,