[syslinux] Adding memdisk or similar when booting linux

Kjetil.Mikkelborg at kongsberg.com Kjetil.Mikkelborg at kongsberg.com
Fri Mar 14 02:56:24 PDT 2008

Ok, just to reply to my own post :)

I checked linux.h, and saw the obvius, this could really be done like hpa said here, with a nice clean com32 module.

But, Is this the best way of achiving this? since making a com32 module for parsing driver disk information, and adding to initramfs actually is more usefull than only for syslinux? Should'nt this probably be made with atleast someone from redhat to ensure that for future releases, driverdisk model could include load support from install enviroment? (that offcourse actually is syslinux today (Atleast for preboot)) but how can this be implemented the most clean way (and has someone allready implemented it?)

--Kjetil