[syslinux] Problems to get booting Flashkey

Daniel Rindt daniel at rindt.name
Sat Mar 15 17:59:15 PDT 2008

Hello List,

iam following to this howto:
http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_How_to_install_SystemRescueCd_on_an_USB-stick
but when iam try the command:
# syslinux /dev/sda1
it writes only into the FAT partition the files they need, but mbr still
is empty after. iam do this:
# dd if=/dev/sda of=/tmp/mbr.dd bs=512 count=1
and open it with ghex2 in my case and see only the partition table.

as far as i can remember i had done this step on the same machine
successfully for some months ago. and in the bios  cannot change
something like emulation floppy, cdrom or disc. so iam run out of
ideas.

probably someone can please help me? many thanks in advance.
--Daniel