[syslinux] GFXBoot & PXELinux

Jeff Black jmblack256 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 17:38:26 PDT 2008

>   Is there currently ANY solution that would allow for a gfxboot splash
> screen using PXE?
>
> The best would be if someone would offer to reimplement gfxboot as a
> com32 module.  However, *I* don't have time for it.

Would vesamenu.c32 do what you are looking for, somewhat?

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Menu

It at least gets you to the point where the same background pic can be used
by isolinux/syslinux/pxelinux. I do not know what format the background is
in when using gfxboot, but vesamenu.c32 seems to use some fairly standard
formats (jpg for example).

If gfxboot has advantages over vesamenu.c32 I am unaware of what those
benefits are.