[syslinux] GSOC -2008 - Few Questions

Amit Kumar amit8.88 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 03:21:46 PDT 2008

Hello All,
I am participating in the Google Summer of Code 2008. I am a student
from India. I am interested in rewriting Gfxboot as a COM32 module.I
am interested in syslinux because I used the ppmtolss16 perl script
present in syslinux to create my own splash screen for a kiosk system
which was built on Myslax(and isolinux was present too!!!).
I am a newbie and have some basic knowledge of C. I have few questions.

1. I searched through the web and also the mailing list archives but
could not find the specification for GFXboot. Can someone provide some
useful links?

2. I have a little knowledge of Assembly Language. What level of
expertise should I have in Assembly Language to study the byte code of
GFXboot in order to rewrite it?

Thanks
--
cheers