[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.70-pre7: a very special prerelease

Jeppe Toustrup syslinux at tenzer.dk
Thu Mar 27 10:44:23 PDT 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> The result is that one can now download images via (almost) any network
> protocol supported by gPXE, including http.  This lets one do fun things
> like using a CGI or PHP script for the configuration file.

Great!
In my current setup I have been using pxelinux 3.60-pre3 which, IIRC, is
the only so far which have had HTTP support. I then had the clients to
get Etherboot from the TFTP server, which then retrieved pxelinux and
the config files from a webserver.

I'll try out the new version and see how it works out.

/Jeppe