[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.70-pre7: a very special prerelease

a178235 a178235 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 19:19:03 PDT 2008

According to Wireshark, DNS queries are working. I am unable complete the Linux boot 9 out of 10 times though. I am using VMware Workstation on Windows that PXE boots from a Windows Deployment Services server, and goes through a Microsoft ISA server to get to the Internet. It’s most likely one of the above causing the problem. I have attached a Wireshare capture file that may help you pinpoint the problem. It’s not a big deal since DNS is obviously working and I’m probably using this in a non-supported way.

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
  a178235 wrote:
> Excellent, I finally got it working with:
> default http://195.135.221.130/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/boot/i386/loader/linux initrd=http://195.135.221.130/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/boot/i386/loader/initrd splash=silent showopts install=http://195.135.221.130/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source autoyast=http://195.135.221.130/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/control.xml
> It did not work with DNS names, so I had to use IP addresses.

That's really surprising. It definitely worked with DNS names here.
Any way you could provide a packet trace, preferrably a Wireshark dump file?

Unsubscribe or set options at: