[syslinux] gPXELinux & wdsnbp.0 Looping

a178235 a178235 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 09:50:52 PDT 2008

Sorry it didn’t sink in when I first read the announcement. I’m not sure if wsdnbp.com, pxeboot.com, bootmgr.exe, and boot.sdi would even work over HTTP, so would you consider adding Microsoft SDI file support to SYSLINUX? You can find a patch file at http://remile.free.fr/syslinux/syslinux_sdi_support-0.1.2.patch. This would allow bypassing the above loaders and directly loading a WinPE image.

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:  a178235 wrote:
> When using gpxelinux.0, pxeboot.com keeps looping, but when I use pxelinux.0, I do not have the same problem.
>
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default
>
> Downloaded WDSNBP...
>
> WDSNBP started using DHCP Referral.
> Contacting Server: 10.1.1.20 (Gateway: 0.0.0.0).
> Architecture: x64
> TFTP Download: Boot\x86\wdsnbp.com
> .
> TFTP Download: boot\x64\pxeboot.com
> .
> TFTP Download: boot\x64\pxeboot.com
> .

As was stated in the announcement, booting another PXE NBP from
gpxelinux.0 is not supported at this time, and it looks to me like your
initial "WDSNBP" is.

Unsubscribe or set options at: