[syslinux] usb-fdd with isohybrid??

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Oct 23 00:59:29 PDT 2008

On 22 Oct 2008 at 22:58, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:58:35 -0700
From:           	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
To:             	For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa <syslinux at zytor.com>
Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] usb-fdd with isohybrid??
Send reply to:  	For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa <syslinux at zytor.com>
	<mailto:syslinux-request at zytor.com?subject=subscribe>

> Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > I finally got around to testing the isohybrid, and it seemed to work in the creation, but in my
> > lab, it sees the flash as a usb-fdd, and when I tried to boot from it, I just get a cursor in the
> > top left. In linux it comes up as a cdrom.
> >
> > Is there a process for this, or is this a case of having to use another method.
> >
> > Some time ago, I had use syslinux to boot from a flash, but I had to set an option in the cmos
> > that would then not allow the udpcast cds to boot.
>
> USB-FDD is unlikely to work, as you have discovered.  See if you can
> change your BIOS settings to USB-HDD or USB-ZIP.

Unfortunately, that is the only option that it shows. If the flash isn't plugged in, it only shows
the disk and cd options, with the flash installed it only shows the USB-FDD.

> 	-hpa

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 6,658,983.4035 | EINSTEIN 2,060,126.1709 | ROSETTA 655,466.5720