[syslinux] FW: Headless operations

Chris Miller Chris at infogreat.com
Sun Apr 5 23:39:24 PDT 2009

Hi Shao,

Subtle as a hammer...

O.K., so I looked around some more.  I couldn't get a shell on any VT.  Is
there a magic trick that I don't know?   I did realize that part of the
problem involves confusion on the part of ... (do I know enough now to
mention it by name?) the LINUX kernel (Yes!) that is shepherding the
installation.  He wants to select between the RJ45 and the WiFi.  Once I
make that selection, I see a DHCPREQUEST and he responds to pings.

This has demonstrated that my problem has nothing to do with SYSLinux.  I
can clearly see on VT3 that the full set of additional kernel parameters is
passed.  EXTLinux has done his job completely.

Since, it appears I'm going to be leaving you-all for a little while (I have
one more question, but it should be on a new thread), I need to know who I
would contact for assistance with the initrd that is used during the
distribution installation.  Anybody have any recommendations?

I can only hope that they are even half as helpful as you guys have been.

Chris.

Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.
Life is a journey, not a destination ...