[syslinux] gpxelinux and cramfs

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:29:03 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Michael L Martin <mmartin at fuzzcat.net> wrote:
> Everything gets delivered through the same mechanism. I didn't
> write this code, but I do have to understand how all the pieces work
> together.
>
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>
>> Jeff Sadowski wrote:

>>> He only wants one configuration file, Is my guess. That way he can
>>> give a file.php file and dynamically draw a file from his http server.
>>> It does sound complicated though. But a fix is fix sounds like
>>> everything works now.
>>> Do you have fixed addresses based on mac addresses? How do you discern
>>> what computer gets what file?
>>>

>> I understand he wants to use a PHP script for the configuration file, and
>> that makes sense.

No he has the config file to point to the
http://httpserver/imagefile.php This way there is only one config
file. This is starting to make sense to me. The imagefile.php script
will only output the binary file info depending on the ip address of
the machine downloading it. This sounds kind of interesting and gives
me ideas.

I pretty sure you have to put the config file on the tftp server that
the pxe boot gets its info from and then it can get the gpxelinux.0
and the unified config file. I could be wrong.