[syslinux] Problem with PXE, menu, and ipappend

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 24 07:05:13 PDT 2009

I have been using PXELINUX with the "ipappend 2" option for a long time.
To make things a little more user friendly, I decided to set up menus
(text menus with menu.c32), but they wouldn't work (blank screen and
corrupted menu flashes by when you hit a key).

I went through all kinds of combinations of options, and finally found
that commenting out the "ipappend 2" line fixed all the problems.  It
would appear there is some corruption when combining the menus and that
option.

This is with syslinux 3.75 (from Fedora 11).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>