[syslinux] Memdisk in Release 3.82 conflicts with a IntelBIOSupdate Image

Sean Lv lvjie at kaspersky.com.cn
Mon Sep 21 03:16:10 PDT 2009

Thank you Shao

I have no Linux env to compile the newest snapshot to C32 format. Instead, I
downloaded the 3.83pre11 from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/syslinux-3.83-pr
e11.zip and replaced the files on my PXE server.

Unluckily, it didn't work.

I suspect it is not due to memdisk. I tried to use a combination of
pxelinux.0(in 3.73) and memdisk(in 3.82), it did work! I think the pxelinux.
0 in 3.82 allocate different or more address in RAM, comparing with the one
in 3.73, which conflicts with RAM access of Intel BIOS update image. Just a
guess, I am not good at address space in RAM. :(

Thanks

Best Regards

Sean Lv Jie