[syslinux] PXELINUX fall to exit PXE ROM

xbgmsharp xbgmsharp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 01:27:44 PDT 2010

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I run the test using PXELINUX 4.01 2010-07-02.

I test on IBM server model x3550M2 and x3550M3.
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/hardware/rack/x3550m3/specs.html
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/hardware/rack/x3550m2/specs.html

x3550M2
The Bios is a UEFI one, i have test with the latest version and older
one as well. The system boot only on Legacy support.
NIC: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet
PXE: Broadcom UNDI PXE 2.1 V5.2.7

x3550M3
The Bios is a UEFI one, i have test with the latest version and older
one as well. The system boot only on Legacy support.
NIC: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet
PXE: Broadcom UNDI PXE 2.1 V5.2.2

I test also on IBM server model x3850M2
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/hardware/enterprise/x3850m2/specs.html
This model use a standard (old) Bios.
NIC: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet
PXE: Broadcom UNDI PXE 2.1 V5.0.6
It works correctly, i can see after "Booting from local disk..." this message:
"PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM"

Thanks,
Francois