[syslinux] HDT problem!

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 16:12:57 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 18:37, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 17:40, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

>>> RIPLinuX-10.4.iso, I assume?  I'm going to do a quick test and also
>>> report other versions.
>>
>> I can confirm the problem for my local syslinux 4.02.
>
> From what I can tell, Kent is using Syslinux 4.02 in
> RIPLinu[xX]-10.4.iso (and appears official).  I also tried direct from
> official binaries with same result.  Load SYSLINUX to "boot:" prompt,
> launch hdt.c32.  Once loaded, hit {esc} to escape and reproduced.
>
> I'm trying older versions.

It appears hdt in Syslinux older than 3.84 work while 3.84 and newer
are broken.  The biggest difference I notice is that when hdt from
3.84 returns, it's just a prompt on the screen where 3.83 left
everything that was previously written to the screen.  I can't tell if
hdt from 3.83 clears the screen first before all of the loading
messages.

Playing with cli/menu UIs, if the menu UI is loaded first, then exit,
the cursor is messed up.  If the menu UI is loaded first then you dump
to CLI mode, it's ok.  If the CLI mode is loaded first, it's always
ok.

--
-Gene