[syslinux] linux/syslinux.c: Double slash question

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 08:06:26 PDT 2010

Ever since commit b297348081ec40baed33e49fe5f46b54c0d7b164
(http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=b297348081ec40baed33e49fe5f46b54c0d7b164),
the statements that build the path for ldlinux.sys have contained '//'
instead of '/' as a path separator.  Although it seems strange, it
shouldn't have any effect on functionality.

Is this in there because some compiler wanted to use '/' as an escape
rather than '\' or is there some other reason I'm missing?  The only
reason I noticed this is that I was dumping out ldlinux_name to
diagnose my previous error.

--
-Gene