[syslinux] isohybrid question

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue Mar 9 06:35:58 PST 2010

Hi folks,

I've been prompted to look at using isohybrid for the Debian CD images
that I'm producing. This looks like a good plan for the i386/amd64
images we make, so as to make them bootable from USB by default.
However, it's likely to make things slightly more difficult in terms
of producing the images themselves: we want to make them available via
jigdo as well as via full download of the .iso files directly, so
doing post-processing of the images after genisoimage is finished is
less than ideal for us.

However, as I'm one of the people with commit rights to cdrkit /
genisoimage I could probably add support for creating isohybrid-style
images directly inside genisoimage. Does that sound like a sensible /
reasonable / useful thing to do?

Cheers,
--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on