[syslinux] Recovery console doesn't work in chain.c32 3.85 or3.86-pre1

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Mar 12 12:03:46 PST 2010

On 03/11/2010 03:05 AM, Gert Hulselmans wrote:
> I still think chain.c32 should be able to do a reverse partition lookup,
> to determine from which partition it was booted.

This only matters for booting grub4dos.  I'm not sure why it didn't
handle it correctly for cmdcons; although in some way Shao's patch is
The Right Thing (and I've said for a long time I'd merge that but I
didn't have to write it) I would *really* like a minimal fix for 3.86 as
I really want a bug-fix-only release this time.