[syslinux] syslinux boot configuration tester

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:59:47 PDT 2011

I've begun working on a syslinux project with a portable usb drive.
Up to this point I was a pxelinux.0 user only.

My virtualmachine system (Oracle VirtualBox) can netboot so testing
config file changes was no big deal.

VBox is currently unable to boot from a usb drive despite
documentation that says it is possible.

Is there a windows based tool that can scan and test a syslinux
configuration without rebooting the box and trying it all the time?  I
thought of BOCHS or another tool like qemu, but having two such tools
installed on the same machine can sometimes lead to trouble.

Thanks for your consideration and suggestions.

Rance