[syslinux] CLI prompt function/library

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Feb 14 15:12:55 PST 2011

On 02/14/2011 05:26 AM, Matt Fleming wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 07:30:15 -0500
> Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Something where the core shared code with modules would definitely be
>> nice.
>
> The approach that I've taken is having the core directly load
> modules when needed. Again, the basis for this is that it will reduce
> the core's size because modules will be loaded on demand.

As I have mentioned elsewhere...

We most likely will have to have the real "core" be a minimal set of
filesystem and linker code because btrfs has a 64K limit -- which
probably has to include the ADV -- for the bootloader, and any
additional data has to be loaded by a filesystem-aware loader.  The
cleanest way to do that is "syslinux.c32" --  a single module object
autoloaded by the core proper.