[syslinux] Chainloading from one PXELINUX to another (with some iPXE in the mix)?

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed Jun 8 22:11:00 PDT 2011

Hallo, Mike,

Du meintest am 07.06.11:

[FOG]

> Once we hit Syslinux, one of the submenus covers a department's
> existing FOG server. FOG uses PXELINUX itself, and provides a number
> of static boot lines in its own pxelinux.cfg/default file. Those
> lines were simply integrated into our new master Syslinux setup.
> However, FOG assigns a "task" to a machine by creating a MAC-address
> specific config file in its TFTP pxelinux.cfg directory, so that when
> the machine boots, it runs a specific kernel with a complex APPEND
> string of options (including the image file to use and more). Without
> this APPEND line, FOG is broken.

FOG is an unsecure program. I have tried it, I have put it onto another
server which only serves FOG.

And I have used the "dnsmasq" lines

# --------------------------------------
# Tipp von Clemens Fischer, dnsmasq-Mailingliste 12.6.2010

# dhcp-mac = set:fog, 00:0d:60:76:4f:1c
dhcp-mac = set:fog, 11:22:33:44:55:66
# Think40w. 0.60
# beliebig oft zu wiederholen

pxe-service = tag:fog,x86PC,"fog",gpxelinux,192.168.0.5
pxe-service = tag:!fog,x86PC,"Arktur",gpxelinux,192.168.0.1
#

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut