[syslinux] error when booting

Wei W Cao caowei at cn.ibm.com
Wed Jun 15 02:37:26 PDT 2011

use isolinux-debug.bin to create iso file.
command line:
     mkisofs -D -joliet-long -rational-rock -verbose -omit-period -V UXCD
-b isolinux-debug.bin -c boot.catalog -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
-boot-info-table -o 7145.iso 7145bad.
when boot it says:
     No DEFAULT or UI configuration derective found!

It appears not all the time, only when some packages is in the folder
7145bad.
weird thing is that iso can boot with content A and B in the folder
seperately. but if I merge them into one folder, it will fail, seems not
related to size problem(about 1 G)
if I use UltraISO to merge B into A.iso, it will also show the error.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Vivian Cao(曹薇)
Ext No:86-21-69028109
System X ToolsCenter
IBM China Systems & Technology Lab (CSTL), Shanghai
2F, Building 10, 399 Keyuan Road, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong New
District, Shanghai 201203, China