[syslinux] Problems with recompiling vesamenu.c32

sagi shinfeled sagi1233 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:09:53 PDT 2011

Hello

I'm using PXELinux with vesamenu.c32 to load a custom knoppix image I made
and to allow access to the WDS menu.

The problem is that the PXElinux loads the menu automatically (unlike WDS
which asks the user to press F12 before loading the menu) and I want  it to
load only if the user presses F12 in 5 seconds.

So I tried using the hidden function of the menu with the timeout option and
it works great but the only problem that remains is that any key press will
unlock the menu and I want it to be a specific key

I went to the code and found the function do_hidden_menu in the file
menumain.

I changed only the line which check's what key was pressed and re compiled
but when I used the new vesamenu.c32 that was created the menu didn’t load
at all, the computer got stuck after the loading of the default config file

My compiling environment is fedora 14 live cd with the latest gcc,binutils
and nasm

Does someone know what went wrong?