[syslinux] Scrollbar visibility

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 05:08:46 PDT 2011

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/ by chance?

> scroll bar.  Finally I realized there was one but it didn't look
> very different from the existing screen border.  I changed the
> color to increase its visibility.

I believe the default color configuration makes it quite visible.
Changing the background color or using an image can definitely have an
effect (if used).

> However, it still doesn't give a good visual clue that it IS a
> scrollbar.
>
> Would it be possible to add up and down arrows to the top and
> bottom of it so it's more obvious what it is?
>
> Probably there are no arrows in the character set but I think
> that a caret and a lowercase v would work well enough.

Correct.  It's just the standard 8-bit character set that your
particular computer wishes to use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page#IBM_PC_.28OEM.29_code_pages

This should be possible by changing 2 characters in the appropriate C
file in menu.

--
-Gene