[syslinux] Chainloading pxe boot loaders and dhcp root-path option

Arends, R.R. r.r.arends at hro.nl
Mon May 16 04:37:05 PDT 2011

Oke i debugged some more and can confirm that after the pxechain there isn't a new dhcp request.

What i'm trying to achief is to mainly use gpxelinux with a menu as our network boot environment and have a menu entry there to point to Windows Deployment Service, so our windows admins can use that as well.

So our next-server is set to the main server which hosts a tftpd where we have the gpxelinux.0 nbp.
then we try to pxechain by this:
pxechain.com 145.x.x.2::boot\x86\wdsnbp.com

To the Windows machine where the Windows Deployment Service (tftpd+more) is running.

But then wdsnbp.com tries to load more stuff from the initial next-server (dhcp option 66?) first tftpd.

I already tried setting option 66/next-server by gpxecmd.c32... But doesn't work. What i'm i missing. Could it be a problem with the cached dhcp packet? Should pxechain.com reset option 66 and 67?

Thanks.

Rgds,
/reni